Avocado and hard boiled eggs. One of the simplest dishes you can make, yet it’s not only tasty but healthy and abundant in nutrients your body needs. It’s rich in protein, has a high content of heart-healthy fats, it’s keto and vegetarian. What else would you need?
It’s as simple as it gets. Only hard boiled eggs, delicious avocado, mouth-watering extra virgin olive oil, and of course some salt and pepper. Fix this quick dinner any time and forget that healthy food cannot be tasty.
Oh, and by the way, you don’t need to prepare this dish for dinner just because I did so. You can enjoy it really any time. Avocado and hard boiled eggs with a dash of olive oil and some spices can also be eaten as a salad, an appetizer or even as a healthy keto breakfast.
Be aware though that all ingredients have a high calorie content, so this is not a low-calorie food.
For detailed tips on how to peel an avocado, click on the link. If you want to create a salad with these two ingredients, check out this avocado salad with boiled eggs recipe.
An Extra Tip
Eating this with some fresh baguette and a dash of mayo obviously removes it from the keto and healthy food list. But man, you just have to try that if you’re not on a strict diet at the moment!
Avocado and Hard Boiled Eggs
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Hard boil and peel the eggs. Cover with cold water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Turn the heat to low and simmer for exactly 8 minutes. Run under cold water and break off the shells.
- Cut avocado lengthwise around the seed, rotating your knife. Separate the two halves of the fruit. Slice the flesh of the avocado with a sharp knife inside the skin.
- Cut eggs in 4 lengthwise, put them in a plate. Remove avocado slices with a spoon and place them alongside the eggs.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.