Cheddar scrambled eggs or scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese are a very easy-to-prepare, nutritious breakfast option for everyone. This meal is completely keto, full of proteins, and a good example of how to eat yummy food while on a diet.
Egg and cheddar cheese recipes are popular for a reason. They complement each other very well, the nutritious but somewhat dull egg pairs excellently with the sharp and umami flavors of the cheddar cheese. Serve it with some crispy bacon, and you get a perfect meal to start your day with!
Soft And Creamy Scrambled Eggs With Cheddar Cheese
To make your cheddar scrambled eggs incredibly soft and creamy, there are two tricks.
One is to cook your eggs over medium-low heat. Using high heat is never advised in fact when preparing scrambled eggs. It will make the eggs coagulate too quickly, and dry them out. It is also much more easy to control the level of doneness when using low heat. Some like their scrambled eggs almost runny, some like it more dry. Using low or medium-low heat you decide.
The other trick is the addition of a bit of heavy cream. Good news this is absolutely keto. If you don’t like it though or it doesn’t fit your diet, simply leave it out. Your cheddar scrambled eggs will still be absolutely yummy, maybe a bit more dry.
Calories In 2 Scrambled Eggs With Cheddar Cheese
There are 322 calories in one serving of 2 scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese. For more information about nutrition data see the recipe below.
Please note that in the recipe all ingredients are provided for 1 serving (2 eggs), but on the pictures I prepared 4 servings with 8 eggs. Use a smaller pan when making 1 or 2 servings of scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese.
Scrambled Eggs With Cheddar Cheese
- 2 eggs large
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese grated, 20 g
- ½ tbsp heavy cream
- ½ tbsp fat bacon fat or oil for non-keto version
- Lightly beat your eggs with a pinch of salt. Add the heavy cream and mix. Grate the cheese.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-low heat with the fat. Add the egg mixture and whisk vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Once the egg solidified about 50%, add grated cheddar cheese. Continue whisking every 10-15 seconds.
- Cook the eggs to your liking for another 1- 2 minutes, but make sure not to overcook them.