If you crave for a creamy egg salad, here is the right recipe just for you.
Why is it creamy? I use quite a bit of mayo in this recipe as I find that’s the bridge between a whole new dish and simple seasoned chopped eggs. 1 whole cup of mayo for 8 large eggs in fact. I know some recipes call for only 1/4 of this quantity, but here we are looking for a creamy version, aren’t we.
White pepper is added simply because it looks better in a yellowish-white creamy salad. You can use black pepper of course, it will have the same taste. Freshly ground is best.
My best tip is to use your preferred type of mayo, or the best you can get. This can be a home made version or your favorite brand. This really makes a different in the flavors of your creamy egg salad.
Make sure to chill your creamy egg salad for at least 4 hours (overnight is preferred) if you add chopped onions.
For a regular (not that creamy) egg salad recipe simply click on the link.
Creamy Egg Salad
- 8 eggs large
- ½ cup onions chopped
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt use 1/3 if you prefer less salty dishes
- ¼ tsp white pepper ground
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- Hard boil and peel the eggs. Cover with cold water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Turn the heat to low and simmer for exactly 8 minutes. Run under cold water and break off the shells. Put them in a bowl.
- Peel and chop the onion. Chop the eggs in the bowl with a fork, cutting them into small pieces.
- Add mayo, chopped onions, Dijon mustard, paprika, chopped parsley, salt and pepper to eggs. Stir until every ingredient mixes well.
- Cover creamy egg salad with lid or plastic wrap. Chill overnight. Serve on your favorite bread, toast or crackers.