If you’re looking for a full keto and paleo, low carb, gluten free wrap for your breakfast, lunch or snack, why not prepare this easy to make keto egg wrap in just 2-3 minutes?
It is everything you need for a healthy diet. It’s easy to prepare, though you might need a bit of practice to learn how to make the perfect keto egg wraps. But here are the secrets.
How To Make Keto Egg Wraps
To make perfect keto egg wraps, you need to prepare your eggs as you would do with an omelette, then cook them as you would do with crepes.
Two french recipes, sound intimidating?
Not that hard as you would think though!
Here are the best tips you should take to make these wraps perfect:
- Use a perfectly non-stick pan, preferably one with very low sides (see picture below). These are typically crepe pans. Don’t worry though if you don’t have one, a regular nonstick pan will do. It will just make turning the warp a bit more difficult if the sides are high.
- Beat your eggs very vigorously, much more than you would do with an omelet. You should get a foamy and runny consistency.
- Heat your pan over high heat until hot, than turn the heat down to low before adding the fat and the egg mixture.
- Let the egg spread over the whole surface of the pan as you would do with a crepe batter. To achieve this, lightly oil your pan first. Then pour in the egg mixture and with a slight left-right-forward-backward motion let the egg spread the whole surface of the pan. Don’t touch it with the spatula at this point.
- Cook your egg wrap over very low heat. The trick is not to let it brown. You should see a light steam coming up from the pan and the egg solidify slowly. After 1-2 minutes, when the surface of the egg is completely solid, detach it from the pan with a rubber (or silicone) spatula with very delicate motions. Turn the egg wrap with the spatula or just simply holding it in your hands. Cook the other side for 30 seconds.
Keto Egg Wrap Ingredients
Basically only egg is used to create this wonderful and healthy wrap. Salt is added for better taste and you need some kind of fat so that it won’t stick to the pan.
Avocado oil is a very keto-friendly choice of fat. I used goose fat though in these pictures. I know this can be intimidating for some of you. If so, than simply use another type of fat or oil. But if you’re not afraid of animal fat, goose or duck fat is also a good choice and they are both keto-friendly and paleo-friendly.
A Very Versatile Ingredient
Once you learn how to do these keto-paleo wraps, you don’t want to use grain based wraps anymore. They are very versatile, you can use them for basically any kind of recipe where traditionally you would need a tortilla wrap, pita bread or any type of flat bread.
Look at this Tex-Mex taco for example, which, believe it or not, is fully keto and paleo. I bet this made you hungry! The best of it is that now you can enjoy this tasty yummy meal without the need of feeling guilty. See the recipe below and try it yourself!
Keto Egg Wrap
- Non-stick pan
- Crepe pan
- Rubber spatula
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- oil or fat Keto-friendly, see recipe
- Beat your eggs very vigorously for 30-60 seconds. Heat your pan over high heat until hot, than turn the heat down to low before adding the fat and the egg mixture.
- Lightly oil your pan. Pour in the egg mixture and with a slight left-right-forward-backward motion let the egg spread over the whole surface of the pan.
- Cook your egg wrap over very low heat. After 1-2 minutes, when the surface of the egg is completely solid, detach it from the pan with a rubber spatula with delicate motions. Turn the egg wrap with the spatula or just simply holding it in your hands. Cook the other side for 30 seconds.